These are my opinions.

1.29.2006

Crash


There's not a lot to say about this movie that hasn't already been said like a hundred times. It is pretty raw in its portrayal of racial tensions and the way they make people of all ethnic backgrounds think and respond to life. I love movies with multiple smaller stories that are connected into the final film. That is I love them when they work, fortunately for us the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, or however that little bit goes. What I mean to say is that all the little painful moments add up to a realization that no one is perfect, and more often than not there's a whole lot more to the story than meets the eye. I won't say I loved Crash, but there were elements that I really admired, I predict that we have not heard the last of Paul Haggis, and this is a promising thing.

A-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home