These are my opinions.

3.29.2006

Big Trouble in Little China

SPRING BREAK 2006 Fast Review
After a stretch of serious movies I feel it's necessary to enjoy some mindless entertainment. It probably speaks volumes about me that I rate this action/comedy/fantasy movie higher than two of the Best Picture nominees, but what can I say. Kurt Russell being swept into the black magic filled underworld of Chinatown San Francisco is probably even more crazy to watch than it sounds, but around here we like crazy. The script is written like a comic book, and a cheap one at that; the macho hero always has some tough guy line to spout off, and the mysterious woman who will ultimately wind up with the hero packs every sentence with as much plot exposition as possible while trying to make it sound off hand. The movie never takes it's self seriously, so neither do we. It's cheesy off the wall fun, and has potential to become a spring break tradition.

B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home